There are various types of websites for photographers to sell photos. Among them, we have listed the top 8 best websites which are very popular and well-known to all.
Shutterstock was established in 2003. From that time it has achieved much popularity. They have more than 200 million images, videos and still, the number is increasing significantly. Shutterstock has already paid almost $500 million to photographers around the world. You can get paid on a monthly basis from Shutterstock and the commission rate is 20-30% for each image download. You can also earn from Shutterstock up to $200 by referring to a client.
- A huge amount of royalty-free images
- Automatically scan videos
- Perfect for Youtube projects
- Cool user interface
- Very expensive
- The free images may not be exactly the same according to your search
500px is another best marketplace to display your photos and create a free portfolio. They have around more than 15 million photographers. It is a large marketplace to earn money by selling your photos. 500px provides you an opportunity to compare your images price and check image clicks. You can earn up to 60% by selling your photographs in exclusive mode. Besides, 500px arranges contests to earn more.
- It has a great position
- Ownership is well protected
- Provides analytical and tracking services
- Free portfolio creation
- Limited sales options
- No online community
3. Adobe Stock
Adobe Stock is one of the outstanding stock photo marketplaces. This platform has been providing services for more than 10 years. It is the leading marketplace to sell your photos online. The most amazing thing about Adobe Stock is its royalty share. It ranges from 20%- 60%. You can just drag your photo, wait for the upload, and add tags and keywords. Adobe Stock will take a maximum of 1 day, to give you feedback on your images. So this is the best and reliable marketplace to sell your photos.
- No need to give exclusive selling rights to images
- You can sell photos on Adobe Stock and other marketplaces also.
- Easy to find indispensable images
- Has lots of options
- The payment scheme is not well
- The cost of premium photos is high
iStock is a fantastic platform to sell your stock photos and earn a smart amount of money from your photos. You can get a 15% commission by selling your image on this website. Initially, this amount seems very low for photographers. But it can increase by up to 45% if you achieve much popularity. In exclusive mode, you can earn a commission between 22% – 45%. The process of joining iStock is very easy. So join iStock today and start selling your images online.
- The perfect marketplace for beginners
- Renowned site
- Earn up to 45% in exclusive mode
- Offers resources to understand well
- The purchasing process is complicated
- Needs improvement for user experience
- Extended licenses are high-expensive
Dreamstime is an ideal website to sell photos online. The commission rate of this marketplace starts from 25% for non-exclusive options and 27% for exclusive options. On the other hand, you can submit a payout request when you will earn $100. Another awesome feature of Dreamstime is that you can curate your galleries. It will enable you to make a proper control over your photos selling online. So start working today in this competitive marketplace.
- Excellent platform for a start-up
- Simple requirements to set up
- Commission increases, if your sales increase
- Doesn’t allow uploading unlimited photos
- The payout system is not easy
- Low Commission rate
Alamy is another outstanding marketplace for selling stock photos. The most attractive feature of this marketplace is, it pays the photographers 50% for a sale. Alamy protects the author’s rights and therefore you will not face any copyright issues. Alamy has paid $180 million to photographers worldwide. Although they pay a good percentage of commission to the photographers, they don’t force you to sell photos in exclusive mode.
- Amazing commission rate
- No copyright issues.
- Find lot’s of images
- Inflexible review system
- People gave some bad reviews
Etsy is a popular marketplace to buy and sell handmade products. This platform enables you to sell digital photos. Because Etsy has a large number of visitors and potential customers who are looking for this type of photos. Moreover, Etsy offers a handbook that will guide you to know better about branding and marketing. So undoubtedly, Etsy is an ultimate platform to enhance your photography business and earn profits.
- More than 30 million potential users
- Best for selling handmade goods
- Maximum products are unique
- Needs marketing
- Challenging for the newbies
The huge platform to sell stock photos online is Bigstock. A stock photographer can earn up to 30% by selling his stock images. In this sense, he can earn $0.25-$0.5 for each image download. Bigstock has a very easy joining system and they have more than 43 million royalty images. The most amazing feature of this marketplace is the credit system. Customers can purchase content from this site by using the credits.
- Simple payment method
- Upload unlimited photos
- Easy setup system
- Different ways of making money
- Difficult to find quality images
- Automatic enlargement of photos while scrolling
- The price is a bit high
Final Words on Websites for Photographers to Sell Photos
We can assure you that the above websites are really great websites for photographers to sell photos. So if you intend to sell your photos, then you can select any one from the above.